Thursday, July 26, 2012

Storm of Love


                                                                                                            

                                         I could watch the main road from my pent house.I could see the school bus stop and watch the kids get down.I knew it took just a few minutes to reach home.I also knew what kept her away,busy and playful,happy and screaming with joy.I knew what she was doing while I awaited her arrival along with Flash and Vito at home.Both of them could hear the bus break along with me and couldn't wait like me for her to get back home.They all waited like us,all of them.Some of them hanging on the main gate,others greeting her on street,some following her.She had a kind word,a pat,a touch,a scream for each one of them whether they lived in homes or streets.She was like a storm of love for all of them exactly at the same time everyday.The language shared by them was alien to us but familiar to them.The whole neighborhood used to erupt like a storm,no one could ever stop.The roars of love multiplied with each step she took.She stormed fearlessly and lovingly amongst them while onlookers ignored or feared away.That was the happiest half an hour for her on her way back home.She knew their names if they had one ,if not she gave them one.She was like a Pied Piper for them.Everybody knew her as the girl who knew and loved them all.Yes as eight years old, she knew each and every dog which lived as a pet in every home or every street in our neighborhood.I watched a storm of love striking the street from my terrace every afternoon along with Flash and Veto our two pet dog's,waiting to be struck by it.Flash and Veto never stopped participating in the love chorus of their clan barking their hearts out till she hugged and played with them.She never stopped laughing,playing,jumping,cuddling,yelling out of joy till she climbed the steps back home returning their love calls.I am reminded of all this today after my daughter reacted negatively to my Face book status,'If we keep kicking every barking dog we can never reach our destination' apparently liked and commented by many.She didn't like it a bit and for sure.Her reaction which I should have known was '' Mom why kick them,why not pat and love them on your way. You surely will reach your destination no matter what,with lot of joy in your heart.Lesson learnt from my own creation of love.Barking dogs need more love,care and attention than anyone else,give them some too on your way.My heart stepped up from Love to Compassion.





1 comment: